- 2 1x3 painted boards (any color)
- wood glue
- finishing nails
- hot glue
- 4x12 LEGO plates (any color)
- wall screws
- LEGO Minifigures
Directions (these are from my mom):
- Measure for what length boards you will need. Also measure to make sure the Lego pieces will fit. Our boards are 47.5 inches long and each shelf holds 12 4x12 white Lego pieces, for a total of 24. These were ordered online at Lego in the pick a brick section.
- Paint your boards. You can also choose to do this after attaching the boards together.
- Using wood glue, glue one end of a 1x3 to the bottom edge of another 1x3. Use finishing nails to hold them together.
- When the boards are dry, attach the Lego pieces. We used hot glue to attach the 4x12 pieces. You could also use liquid nails or another adhesive.
- Firmly attach to the wall. We used wall screws into the studs (you can see them in the photos below). Attach to studs to prevent a child from pulling the shelves off the wall.
You can arrange the Minifigures however you like. I arranged my Minifigures by the theme they are from. I arranged mine in this order: Star Wars, The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, Ninjago, Castle, LEGO City, LEGO Space, Minecraft,and then Chima.
If you run out of room on the shelf add a few five block tall pillars made out of 4x2 pieces, to place more Minifigures on.
How do you store your Minifigures?